Here at Chipembere Community Development Organization (CCDO), we’re committed to investing our expertise and resources in order to further achieve our cause. Established in 2005, we’ve been supporting our community members in a variety of ways and measuring our success not by monetary size, but by more qualitative measurements such as the scale and effectiveness of our efforts.
CCDO believe that empowering women is to empower the entire society. When women are supported and empowered, all of society benefits. Their families are healthier, more children go to school, agricultural productivity improves and incomes increase. In short, communities become more resilient.
CCDO help's women in rural communities with skills and resources they need to be self-reliant and productive citizens, through our business training sessions. We conduct weekly business and entrepreneurship classes, facilitate the establishment of loan savings village groups where women get an access to loans for small scale businesses and we help connecting our vulnerable girls to potential individuals and organizations who can equip them with resources for a good education
Goals & Objectives
CCDO's objectives are weaved into the following:
1. Create a better condition for young people to make informed decisions about their health, sexuality and reproduction.
2. Alleviate the impact of chronic illnesses including HIV and AIDS through provision of evidence-based interventions among the targeted.
3. Empower the rural/vulnerable women and the youth to be self-reliant economically
4. Develop to full capacity the Malawian child in order for them to contribute effectively towards national development.
5. Design and implement interventions that shall significantly improve the lives of orphans and vulnerable children in Malawi.
6. Promote community development through innovative approaches deployed in various targeted communities for the benefit of the marginalized child.
7. Advance the rights and freedoms of vulnerable groups through advocacy, lobbying and impact mitigation
The organization was formed against the background of non-recognition of rural women and young people’s initiatives in spite of their enormous contribution to the country’s economy.
CCDO “envisages that all rural young people’s development is fostered, protected from neglected, exploitation, abandonment and are empowered to become self-reliant and responsible citizens in societies where democratic values and principles are respected.”
The organization was further formed against the background of continued regard of rural youth and young women as the most vulnerable groups and immature in decision making. Despite the most dynamic contributions of the youth to the national development, they are not recognized. All credits are unfairly given to older people as duty bearers especially men.
CCDO takes great pride in the organization's financial efficiency and
We work very hard to maximise the value of every dollar we receive.
More than 90 percent of our expended resources - among the highest of all philanthropic organisations - support our poverty-fighting projects in southern part of Malawi.
Less than 10 percent of expended resources go toward administrative and fundraising costs.
Transparency & Accountability
CCDO is committed to meeting international standards of quality and accountability. Guided by our rights – based approaches and programming principles, we focus on ensuring that our partners and the communities we work with will have a voice in planning, implementing and evaluation our work.